Icebreaker: If the story of your life were to be written, what would the title be
Worship: Exalt the LORD our God; worship at his footstool! Holy is he! Psalm 99:5
Scripture: Matthew 6:5-13, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
Topic: THRIVING IN TOUGH TIMES: POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE PRAYER.
Powerful and Effective Prayer is not for a chosen few; it is for all of us who believe and have faith in what God can do. This week, we take some time to explore the keys to POWERFUL AND EFFECTIVE PRAYER as we THRIVE IN TOUGH TIMES.
1. What insights regarding Powerful and Effective prayer can we draw from the scripture texts above?
We saw from the weekend sermon that Powerful and Effective prayer is based on a Relationship with God as a Father, Faith, the right Motive, Scripture and Unity in cooperate prayer. As a Church family, we are taking time to pray in Unity for our Personal, Family, Church, National and Global needs.
As a cell, take time to pray for;
1. Watoto Church; strength and protection for the church family
2. The Greater body of Christ in Uganda; for influence and growth in these tough times
3. Pray together for each other’s needs
You can download the prayer guide from the church website: https://www.watotochurch.com/watotoprays.pdf
1. #WatotoPrays; during the month of May, we will be praying together as a family from Monday to Friday. Please join the lunchtime prayer with a pastor at 12pm on 104.1 Power FM during these days. Also visit www.unite714.com as we join in a global prayer movement.