Icebreaker: What one word or phrase do you find yourself using often in your communication?
Worship: “My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.” Psalms 71:8
Scripture: Proverbs 18:21, James 1:19
Topic: THRIVING FAMILIES: COMMUNICATE TO BUILD RELATIONSHIPS.
The words we speak, and how we speak them can either build or break relationships. THRIVING FAMILIES and relationships COMMUNICATE WITH WORDS THAT BUILD.
1. In what ways does the tongue have the power of life and death?
2. How can we as Christians build each other up with the words we communicate?
3. We learn from James 1:19 that in our communication, we need to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. Share how these disciplines are important in building thriving family relationships.
1. Take time and personally reflect on the pattern of your speech; is it life giving? Pray and commit to communicating with words that build other people up.
2. Share your needs and spend some time in prayer.
Let’s continue ‘Caring for Community’ during this season by supporting our Watoto Homes. Your generous contribution of 30,000/= feeds a child/mother, while 270,000/= feeds an entire family of 8 children and a mother per month. Donations in kind of food and sanitation supplies are very welcome. Visit www.watotochurch/watotovillages for more information or contact